Local routes! Hauling from Delta, UT, to Cedar City, UT.
Complete hauls as assigned in a safe and efficient manner to meet/exceed customer expectations. May occasionally be assigned other duties to assist unit in meeting customers and/or company standards.
• Partner with dispatch in safely transporting material to and from transloading facilities
• Utilize the Class A CDL, Tanker, and Double & Triples Endorsements to locally transport material as dispatched
• Fuels and cleans truck, performs pre and post-trip inspections, completes paperwork, and reviews communication board.
• Ensuring that the truck meets or exceeds safe operational standards,
• Report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew
• Understand critical service requirements and see they are met
• Will maneuver and connect heavy hoses
• Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and others
• Interact with other Savage and customer management and personnel on a daily basis. Hence, should have an understanding of customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
• Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
• May be asked occasionally to assist another operations on a temporary basis
• May have the opportunity to participate in the Safety Specialist program; this would possibly require travel to other locations.
• Drivers are responsible for the condition of the truck, trailers and/or other equipment assigned to them. They are responsible for returning the equipment in the same condition it was when assigned to them and for reporting equipment damage or deficiencies immediately.
• Class A CDL with Tanker and Doubles & Triples endorsements required
• Two years of experience driving double tractor/trailer combination preferred
• Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
• Demonstration of driving skills including lane changing, backing up, hooking up trailers, attention to all potential hazards.
• Work rotating shifts and weekends as scheduled; willingness to work days or nights. You will eventually be able to work your preferred shift, but it may take some time.
• Maintain a good attendance record
• A solid and stable work history, please include a 10 year work history on the application.
• Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
• Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: freeway conditions, mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc.
• Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage's culture of Safety
• Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
• Must attend all mandatory training and keep all training documentation up to date.
• Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
• Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace
• Professional (concerned about safety and quality of job performance)
• Must be Drug/Alcohol Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
• Complete loads as dispatched
• Attend communication meetings and safety training as scheduled
• Complete required paperwork, i.e., manifests, driver logs, recaps, accident reports, and basic knowledge of DOT regulations.
• Cooperative (able to follow directions and change schedule)
• Reliable (ability to work as dispatched)
• Language skills (able to read, write, speak and understand English)
• High School or GED
• 2 years applicable experience
• Ability to climb into and out of cab 20 or more times per shift
• Ability to change or chain-up a flat tire
• Ability to apply snow chains to tires
• Ability to climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times a day.
• Ability to lift 50 or more pounds daily.
• Ability to drive in winter conditions.
• Ability to be on work sites where products are produced
• Ability to hook and unhook hoses and open and close valves
• Ability to utilize fall protection, including putting on a harness, utilizing lanyards, and connecting to an anchor point
• Ability to carry hoses
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
• Ability to climb steps carrying 50 lbs.
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
We offer competitive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.