- 2 to 3 years of Diesel Mechanic Experience a plus
- Class A CDL is preferred
- Experience with a variety of trucks a plus
- Experience with crude trailers a plus
- Confidence in repairing suspensions, rear ends, transmissions, air brake systems, minor engine work (injectors, turbos, etc.) and more
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus
- Has an invested interest in operational safety
- Be able to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Knowledge and experience using a CMMS is helpful
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
- Self-starter capable of working independently, in line with company goals, strategies and policies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion
- Ability to diagnose, problem solve and execute plans
- A strong record of continuous improvement, personal development and attention to detail
- Willing to live and/or relocate to the Elko Nevada area.
- Will be on your feet for extended period of time throughout the day
- Able to lift 100 lbs
- Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
- The work site is an industrial setting and will require someone who can work safely around this type of environment, as well as ensure compliance to strict OSHA and State regulations
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with company match, profit sharing, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.