- Read, write, and understand common English
- General math skills
- Valid Driver’s License without restrictions
- Strong work ethic and attendance commitment
- Adherence to personal hygiene and grooming standards as defined by the USFDA (US Food and Drug Administration)
- 100% adherence to following specific standard operating procedures
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Is not afraid to ask questions
- Can accurately read, write and complete all necessary paperwork, technical manuals and SOPs
- Enforces safety policies and procedures with co-workers, carriers, vendors and visitors
- Able to read, understand and follow standard operating procedures and policies
- Able to operate or learn to operate transloading equipment; various power, air and hand tools
- Able to operate or learn to operate various mobile equipment (Golf Carts, Farm Tractors, Transloading Equipment, Passenger Vehicles, Light and Heavy Utility Vehicles)
- Able to perform light mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting
- Able to perform work safely and productively
- Physically able to climb up and down railcars/ladders repeatedly (approximately 13’ or 12 ladder rungs)
- Able to sit, kneel, squat, bend and stand repeatedly and frequently
- Willing and capable of wearing a full face respirator for extended periods
- Willing and capable of wearing full body fall protection for extended periods
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willing to work with liquid and dry hazardous materials as well as non-haz liquids and dry materials
- Can carry at least fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to lift 15 lbs. and work safely with this weight at knee, waist and shoulder level
- In good physical condition (able to walk one (1) to two (2) miles per shift)
- Food Grade Personal Hygiene (facial grooming, hands and finger nails clean and trimmed, head hair kept clean and managed, no exposed piercings)
- Qualified candidates must be able to pass an extensive background check, Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Physical.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
We offer competitive benefits that include; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.