- Self‐starter capable of working independently, in line with company goals, strategies and policies
- Ability to work with other members of the team and to follow instruction for the lead mechanic.
- Willing to learn how to diagnose, problem solve and become familiar with Locomotive maintenance
- Mechanical aptitude and/or experience
- The successful candidate will have a value system that matches up with the culture that we embrace
- Must be reliable when it comes to answering calls and when called out.
- Preferably has experience maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing locomotives.
- Be familiar with and develop relationships with material vendors to ensure required materials are on hand for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Ability to problem solve and is very familiar with Locomotive maintenance.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot low and high voltage AC/DC circuits
- The ability to work under adverse weather conditions and understanding that there is a requirement to be on call for mechanical/electrical emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
- Understands that working safely is a pre-requisite and will utilize provided PPE and employ all defined safe practices while conducting maintenance
- 5+ years locomotive maintenance experience preferred but not required
- Minimum of High School diploma/GED
- This Mechanic will be on his/her feet for extended period of time and walk long distances throughout the
- Navigating facilities will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
- Potential work sites include industrial rail facilities, remote rail lines, and will require someone who can work safely around this type of environment, as well as ensure compliance to strict OSHA and FRA regulations
- Ability to lift and maneuver components up to 50 pounds
- The successful candidate for this position will be evaluated by the VP Mechanical for the region every 30 days from hire date up to the 90th day of employment. The candidate must show initiative, willingness to learn, the ability to self-start and work without supervision after adequate training
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.