- Proficient operating large heavy equipment, experience with front-end loaders preferred
- Understands, or is willing and able to learn, safe railroad operations
- Basic computer skills: data entry, email, review reports
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude and a good team member
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, reference checks, drug screen, motor-vehicle report and criminal background check
- Must possess or qualify for a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC card)
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA related courses
- Able to reliably fulfill a set rotational schedule (days, nights, 24/7/365).
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in written form
- Work experience in an industrial environment, conveyor experience preferred
- A high school diploma, or equivalent
- Current/valid driver license
Fitness for Duty:
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, rain, snow, cold, heat, etc.
- Comfortable working from extreme heights, over 100-feet
- Able to crawl under rail cars and work in tight spaces
- Able to stand on their feet for long periods of time, up to 4-hours
- Able to pass a respirator fit test
- Must be able handle large hand tools and lift 50 lbs.
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
We offer competitive benefits that include; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.