- A sound understanding or aptitude to learn the transloading of liquid commodities including hazardous materials
- Understands, or willing to learn, railroad operations and safety
- Mechanically Inclined
- Basic computer skills
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Committed to working safely at all times including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
- Positive attitude and a good team member
- Must pass a pre-employment reference checks, drug screen and criminal background check
- Able to routinely lift 50-lbs
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, snow, rain, heat and cold
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the job including opening and closing railcars dome lids, climb railcars (heights), crawl under railcars, walk long distances on uneven terrain, etc.
- Must be able to attend and pass all courses associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: WHIMIS, Savage Rail Operations, H2S Alive and TDG
- Willing to reliably fulfill a rotational schedule
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the oil field or other industrial environment preferred
- Some experience in a rail environment a plus
Savage Services is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America.
We offer competitive benefits that include; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.