The Coordinator's primary responsibilities include providing administrative support to the Operations Manager and team. The Coordinator will provide all data entry into customer systems to provide timely and accurate information. The Coordinator will report directly to the Operations Manager.
• Manage customer orders and inventory systems. Answering phones and assisting with customer needs
• Accountability for all office functions by maintaining control of ability to meet customer expectations
• Emails checked in morning and randomly throughout day for order status changes/additions
• Enters customer orders and railcar shipments in inventory and have verified by another employee prior to
railcar/truck arrivals by another employee.
• Prepare documentation for truck arrivals and departures (Bill of Lading, Truck Arrival Checklist, Truck
• Insures all railcars' Inbound and Outbound inspections are completed before filing. Creating operation rail
switch insuring all inspections are complete before releasing
• Faxing or scanned emails of Bill of Ladings to customers and designated parties (as required)
• Preparing load schedule for next day's loads
• Enter heating charges in inventory systems
• Scaling trucks in and out for load weights
• Provide Safety Briefing to new drivers, vendors and visitors
• Contacts carriers to schedule pick up times for next day's loads
• Inform customers if truck is late for pick up
• Follows company/customer policies and procedures (i.e. internal controls, record retention, verifications,
• Answering phones and assisting with customer needs
• Monitoring customer inventory vs. scheduled shipments
• Ability to follow directions (written and verbal)
• Attention to detail, self-motivated, and good organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced, consistent high volume environment
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Power Point, Outlook
• Anticipation in regards to customer needs and terminal process flow
• Has excellent customer service skills
• Identify problem areas with customers and work with manager and team to develop a resolution
• Dependable, reliable
• Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
• Able to work in a team environment
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule, expecially in regards to fluctuating end of shift times
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Coordinator will work on-site
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
We offer competitive benefits that include; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.