- Able to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and hydraulic schematics, the sequence of operations, and able to perform repairs as needed
- Comfortable operating large heavy equipment
- Understands, or is willing and able to learn, safe railroad operations
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude and a good team member
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, reference checks, drug screen, motor-vehicle report and criminal background check
- Must possess or qualify for a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC card)
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but is not limited to: OSHA (Confined Space, Hot Work, Fall Protection) HazMat and Federal Railroad Association related courses
- Able to reliably fulfill 40 to 50 hour per week schedule, including weekends and being on-call
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in written form
- Minimum 1-year experience of a heavy-industrial maintenance experience
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding MAW and Gas Metal Arc Welding experience preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Current/valid driver license
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, rain, snow, cold, heat, etc.
- Can climb up to six flights of stair
- Good dexterity and use of hands
- Comfortable working from extreme heights, over 60-feet
- Able to crawl under rail cars and work in tight and confined spaces
- Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 4-hours
- Able to pass a respirator fit test
- Must be able to handle large hand tools and lift 75 lbs
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
We offer competitive benefits that include; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.