- Willingness to help with all worksite duties that require attention, as directed by the site supervisor and/or operations manager
- Demonstrates worksite dependability by being punctual and present for scheduled work shifts
- Determined to always wear the appropriate and required PPE
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrates excellent workplace safety, and is dedicated to helping other do the same
- Willingness and ability to follow all rules and procedures as outlines by Savage
- Willingness and ability to work Holidays and weekends if needed
- Able to follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate effectively in English which includes basic skills in reading, writing, and comprehension
- Pass drug/alcohol test as well as any other worksite tests required by Savage
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Employee will work outdoors every day and as a result will be exposed to the elements
- Able to lift 50-70 lbs
- Climb on and off railcars and heavy equipment and tie processing equipment safely
- Work 40 plus hours (possible weekends)
- Work on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time while performing duties which include walking, standing, and lifting
- Able to use basic hand tools
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.