- A sound understanding or aptitude to learn the transloading of liquid commodities including hazardous materials
- Understands, or willing to learn, railroad operations and safety
- Mechanically Inclined
- Basic computer skills
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Committed to working safely at all times including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
- Positive attitude and a good team member
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, reference checks, drug screen, motor-vehicle report and criminal background check
- Able to routinely lift 50-lbs and swing a 10-lbs sledge hammer
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, snow, rain, heat and cold
- Comfortable be able to complete the physical aspects of the job including opening and closing railcars dome lids, climb railcars (heights), crawl under railcars, walk long distances on uneven terrain, etc.
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA Willing to reliably fulfill the following work schedule: 14 days on 7 days off. Day Shift 5am-5pm or Night Shift 5pm-5am
- A high school diploma
- Experience in the oil field or other industrial environment preferred
- Some experience in a rail environment a plus
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.