- Class A CDL
- Six months experience with pneumatic trailers and 53 ft. van trailers
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Demonstration of driving skills including lane changing, backing up, hooking up trailers, attention to all potential hazards
- A solid and stable work history, please include a 10 year work history on the application
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: freeway conditions, mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc.
- Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage's culture of Safety
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Must attend all mandatory training and keep all training documentation up to date
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace
- Professional (concerned about safety and quality of job performance)
- Must be Drug/Alcohol Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
- Complete loads as dispatched
- Attend communication meetings and safety training as scheduled
- Complete required paperwork, i.e., manifests, driver logs, recaps, accident reports, and basic knowledge of DOT regulations
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- High School or GED
- 6 months applicable experience
- Ability to climb into and out of cab 20 or more times per shift
- Ability to change or chain-up a flat tire
- Ability to apply snow chains to tires
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, profit sharing, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.