- Maintains a current knowledge of rules, regulations, and compliance issues effecting operations. (OSHA)
- Capable of handling multiple tasks. Manages time effectively (able to plan, organize and implement around priorities)
- Possesses an understanding of and commitment to Savage’s delivery system. Demonstrates by example the safety standards and values of Savage. Able to be part of a team working to constantly build the Savage safety culture at the operation
- Has appropriate experience in rail and equipment safety
- Communicates effectively both in front of a group and one-on-one, depending upon the audience.
- Ability to work with and perform computer operations (spreadsheet, word processor, and email operations)
- SH&E certification preferred (COSS, CHST, CSHM, CSMP, etc.)
- Exhibits integrity at all times, treats team members right, and is professional at all times
- BS in safety, health, environmental, engineering, or other closely-related field
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience within an industrial setting, preferably within the refining or chemical producing sector
- Experience with refinery operations, rail safety and bridge crane safety is preferred
- Physically able to climb up and down railcars/ladders safely
- Willing to receive hazardous material handling training, rail safety training, and general safety training
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willing to work with liquid and particulate hazardous/non-hazardous materials
- Can carry at least fifty (50) pounds
- In good physical condition (able to walk one (1) to two (2) miles per shift)
- Able to travel on occasion
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.