- Candidate will be required to be located in the Pittsburgh, PA or surrounding area
- Demonstrates leadership competencies and has a proven track record of success
- Solid operational experience; hands-on experience with emergency response, oil and gas, truck transportation, environmental projects and related safety processes and procedures; ability to handle multiple projects & operations at one time
- Exhibits excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Is self-motivated, creative and strategic in approaching issues; possesses good analytical skills that aid in solving problems in a positive and proactive manner; ability to identify and focus in on problem areas and initiate steps to resolution
- Is capable of developing a team through defining roles, promoting relationships, expressing appreciation and encouragement, providing support and motivation
- Possesses financial and accounting skills; has good conceptual understanding of accounting controls and practices; understands or has the ability to gain experience regarding financial analysis tools.
- Demonstrates good computer skills (emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, utilization of company operating performance program).
- Possesses good planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion; is an effective time manager
- Contract negotiation and management experience
- Willing to spend time in the field working with team members and getting to know customers at the local level
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 7+ years of leadership experience in leading operations
- Experience with interacting and developing relationships with customers
- Knowledge of the oil and gas, manufacturing, rail, utilities, steel production, and other industrial industries
- CDL-A with HAZ endorsement preferred but not required
- 40-hr HAZWOPER certification (we will provide certification as needed)
Must be able to:
- Stand, climb, balance, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Use hands to grasp, handle and feel objects.
- See at distance, close proximity, peripherally. Must have depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials or equipment regularly weighing 25lbs, but up to 75 lbs or more on occasion.
- Drive a motor vehicle.
- Extensive travel may be required by vehicle and or airplane approximately 50% of the time.
Team Members may be required to work outdoors in many different areas including commercial, residential and industrial sites. Variable driving conditions. Team Members can be exposed to adverse conditions (including but not limited to rain and muddy conditions, rocky soils, snow and ice, extreme temperatures). May be required to wear PPE, such as respirators and protective clothing.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.