The Operators responsibility but not limited to is to safely and efficiently manage the unloading of incoming sulfur railcars, spot the sulfur railcars and assist in the general maintenance and cleanup of the plant and equipment at our Morenci, AZ operation.
• Daily inspections of railcars, tractor-trailers, and equipment to ensure safe conditions and operation
• Railcar/transfer preparation, including installing bolt-on/bolt-off fittings, making hose connections, taking product samples, housekeeping of the facility
• Conduct numerous transfers of liquid bulk chemicals from tank cars to tank trucks each day
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment and facility
• Employees must wear Personal Protective Equipment at all times, including FRC/Nomex year-round
• Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English
MSHA experience and exposure a plus but not required
High School Diploma/GED
Prior experience handling bulk hazardous materials a plus but not required
Able to work outdoors year round in all conditions, able to walk several miles per day, able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance, able to climb/stoop/crawl
Must be able to work on elevated surfaces
Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
Must be able to pass respirator fit test
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.