- Advanced knowledge and experience in computers, including: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience using Bourque Logistics Programs, or other rail management programs, a plus
- Experience utilizing data management programs a must, with an ability to key in information efficiently and accurately
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize and execute
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude and a good team member
- Must pass a pre-employment reference checks, drug screen, motor-vehicle report and criminal background check
- Must possess or qualify for a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC card)
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA related courses
- Able to reliably fulfill a set rotational schedule (days, nights, 24/7/365)
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in written form
- Dispatching and/or logistics experience a plus
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer service environment
- Occasional training will be required offsite. Travel and overnight stay could be required
- A high school diploma, or equivalent
- Will sit for long hours
- Must be able lift up to 25 lbs
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.