- Must be 18 years of age or older, pass pre-employment screening and certify/demonstrate applicable skills for the position.
- Capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics and NEC codes
- Understanding of instrumentation, VFD Drives, and field devices
- Knowledge and practical experience with DCS in an industrial setting preferred
- Understanding of the industrial process and how the different components in such a facility interact. (Conveyors, Train Unloading System, Crushers, Feeders and Pumps, etc.)
- A successful electrician must have a willingness to learn, and a sense of urgency in performing tasks/duties
- Verifiable experience in material handling operations is desirable. Mechanical and/or welding skills is a plus
- Can follow all policies and procedures as outlined by Savage
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and understand English, follow written and/or verbal instruction, and basic math and computer skills
- Must be willing to work Monday through Friday, overtime and weekend on call as needed
- High School or GED
- 2-5 years applicable experience
- Must have the ability to perform the essential physical functions of the position:
- Work in an environment containing coal dust, hazardous noise, and in hot or cold environments
- Work at heights , climbing stairs, and climbing ladders
- Walk on uneven ground
- Walk up to 3 miles per shift
- Wear a respirator
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work in an office environment as needed
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.