- Must have the ability to obtain a TWIC card
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and work with little supervision
- Experience in a maintenance shop or industrial environment preferred, but not required
- Previous cleaning experience preferred, but not required
- Able to work safely in adverse conditions: summer heat, wet (washing floors), etc.
- Driving record acceptable to Savage
- Comply with all safety standards
- Work nights and weekends if scheduled
- Maintain a good attendance record
- Complete duties as assigned in a timely manner
- Attend communication meetings and safety training as scheduled
- Pass drug/alcohol test
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Operate or move equipment around the yard and shop
- Have a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a service truck
- Flexibility and ability to work on various shop, maintenance and yard tasks
- Environmental awareness
- Has an invested interest in personal and operational safety
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years applicable experience
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions (heat and cold); time is split between a shop and outdoor environment
- Must be physically able to handle heavy parts and pieces of equipment
- Climb on and off the equipment
- Physically demanding work will be a daily function of this position
- Must be able to climb, crawl, and position their body in such a way that they can perform their required duties
- This person should be able to frequently lift 50 lbs
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.