- Minimum license: 100 Ton Master, inland, with towing and radar endorsement
- Previous experience as Master of a twin screw tug engaged in barge towing
- Must be able to direct, evaluate, and correct performance of subordinates
- Ability to work various hours and holidays/weekends
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and creative
- Degree in marine transportation, marine engineering, engineering science or equivalent of a combination of technical schooling and job experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance
- Possess TWIC at time of hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of marine electrical and electronic systems
Physical Requirements - Must meet “fit for duty” requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical and drug test)
- The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces
- Must be physically fit enough to pull heavy lines/hoses, lift, carry heavy items, climb onto barges and up and down ladders.
- Must be able to work in difficult conditions with exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, wind, heat, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working aboard boats and barges using heavy lines, winches, and mechanical tools for repairs
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 160 feet.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.