Savage Services, a supply chain and logistics company, has an immediate opening for a Coordinator at our Big Spring, TX operation.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth!
Primary duties include Perform various financial and office activities - processing of payroll, reconciliations, benefits, AR and AP for the operation according to internal controls.
Please read on for additional details.
• Organize, plan and work with other office personnel and coordinators
• Assist with the on-boarding of new employees, including: new-hire orientation, benefits, paperwork and personnel file setup
• Accurately and timely process accounting information and produce and understand accurate daily financial and Key Performance Indicator reports
• Record-keeping duties related to the operation such as employee files, invoices, expense reports, etc.
• Coordinate and oversee office functions including phones, mail, correspondence, cleaning, etc.
• Identify and resolve issues or problems with financial and operational information systems and reports
• Act as a liaison between Savage's Support Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the Trenton team
• Anticipate the needs of those you support and complete assigned tasks with a high degree of accuracy with minimal direction
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel and Power Point
• Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research and general administration
• Demonstrated experience managing an organization's accounts payable/receivable and payroll as well as familiar with GAAP
• Experience with accounting software a must
• Must be able to interpret and explain company policies and procedures, even for positions unrelated to the coordinator duties
• Understands the importance of professionalism and customer service
• Ability to "think ahead" and anticipate needs of the Operation, Manager and other employees
• Can multitask and prioritize work assignments while meeting Corporate deadlines
• Good written and oral skills with an ability to communicate with customers, employees and other company personnel
• Understands the importance of confidentiality
• Demonstrates a sense of leadership and ownership for responsibilities
• Positive attitude; treats others with fairness and respect – expects the same in return
• Is honest in dealings with the company, employees and customers
• 2+ years experience as a financial coordinator, payroll clerk or other related field
• Post high-school accounting education preferred
• Office environment located within or near an industrial environment
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of times
• May be asked to travel long distances, on occasion, for additional training
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.