- A sound understanding or aptitude to learn the transloading of commodities including hazardous materials
- Must be MSHA Certified
- Understands, or willing to learn, railroad operations and safety
- Mechanically Inclined
- Basic computer skills
- Complete other tasks/duties as assigned.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Committed to working safely at all times including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
- Positive attitude and a good team member
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, reference checks, drug screen, motor-vehicle report and criminal background check
- Must be able to attend and pass all tests associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA.
- Willing to reliably fulfill a rotating schedule, currently will be strictly days
- A high school diploma
- Experience in the oil field or other industrial environment preferred
- Some experience in a rail environment a plus Basic facility and equipment maintenance
- Able to routinely lift 50 pounds and swing a 10 pould sledge hammer
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, snow, rain, heat and cold
- Comfortably able to open and close railcars dome lids, climb railcars (heights), crawl under railcars, walk long distances on uneven terrain, etc.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.