- Class C or CDL Driver’s License required
- Willingness to help with all worksite duties that require attention, as directed by the site supervisor and/or operations manager
- Demonstrates worksite dependability by being punctual and present for scheduled work shifts
- Determined to always wear the appropriate and required PPE
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrates excellent workplace safety, and is dedicated to helping other do the same
- Willingness and ability to follow all rules and procedures as outlines by Savage
- Willingness and ability to work Holidays, weekends and on call
- Able to follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate effectively in English which includes basic skills in reading, writing, and comprehension
- High School or GED
- 2-5 years of experience preferred but not required
- Employee will work outdoors every day and as a result will be exposed to the elements
- Employee must be willing and physically able to do the following:
- Able to lift 50-70 lbs. Able to use basic hand tool
- Climb on and off heavy equipment and conveyor system equipment safely
- Work 40 plus hours (possible weekends)
- Work on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time while performing duties which include walking, standing, and lifting
- Must have a dependable transportation.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.