- Broad knowledge and understanding of safety, including OSHA and Process Safety Management (PSM), with some knowledge of environmental and rail issues best practices
- Ability to analyze situations and data and make sound decisions
- Training experience preferred
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken; excellent organizational skills & multi-tasking
- Impeccable integrity
- Detail oriented and self-starter, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Sets the standard for safety, professionalism, and performance
- Excellent people skills – good listener and communicator, both written and oral
- Responds well to high-pressure situations
- Has “Ownership” spirit
- Treats people fairly, with dignity and respect
- Embraces and teaches company culture
- Bachelors Degree in Safety or related field
- 8+ years experience in a safety leadership role
- 8+ years experience working in the petro-chemical and/or refining industry, following the Process Safety Management (PSM) standard
- Hold a safety certification recognized by an accredited organization or be able to obtain certification within the first 12 months. Examples include CSP, SMS, OHST, or CET.
- Previous rail experience
- Experience within a decoking unit
- 30% travel required
- Ability to climb ladders, racks, and tanks
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces
- Ability to work indoors in office environment, as well as outdoors in changing weather conditions
- Willing to always wear appropriate PPE when needed and set the example
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.