- Experience in tubular inspection services
- Able to read, understand and apply all standard operating procedures.
- Able to read, understand and follow field inspection criteria
- Able to work safely in adverse conditions: summer heat, freezing conditions, snow, wetness etc. (Majority of time will be spent in a heat and cold environment)
- Clean driving record
- Comply with all safety standards
- Compete duties in a timely manner as assigned
- Attend communication meetings and safety training as scheduled
- Pass drug/alcohol test
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Operate or move equipment around the yard and shop
- Flexibility and ability to work on various shop, maintenance, and yard tasks
- Environmental awareness
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and works with little or no supervision
- Self-directed and motivated to exceed expectations
- Strong commitment to safety
- Good customer service skills
- Reliable, honest and demonstrate integrity while working with a sense of urgency
- High School or GED
- Able to read tally tape
- Proficient in working with Excel program
- Visual Thread Inspection certification a plus
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions (heat and cold)
- Must be physically able to handle heavy parts and pieces of equipment
- Ability to climb on and off the equipment
- Physically demanding work will be a daily function of this position
- Must be able to climb and crawl when needed
- Ability to frequently lift 100 lbs.
For more information, email resumes to ErinSimpson@savageservices.com
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.