- Knowledge of Caterpillar heavy equipment including dozers and haul trucks
- Experience working on conventional dump trucks
- Understands industrial equipment as it pertains to material handling
- Understanding of conveyor systems preferred but not required
- Be willing to work with operations and other maintenance team members to achieve the operations critical objectives
- Drug Free and able to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical blueprints preferred
- Willing to become knowledgeable in using a CMMS system
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion
- The successful candidate will have a value system that matches up with the culture that we embrace
- Must be available 24/7 for callouts, in situations where maintenance issues could result in customer service failures
- Some outdoor work may be required. As such, the Maintenance Mechanic will be subjected to the extreme elements: heat, wind, cold, snow, humidity, etc
- The work site is an industrial facility and will require someone who can work safely around this type of environment, as well as ensure compliance to strict OSHA regulations
- Will also be subjected to rigorous physical activities that include: climbing stairs, climbing ladders, stooping, bending, crawling, maneuvering in tight spaces, walking or standing the majority of the day, regularly lifting heavy tools/parts and more
- Mechanic certification preferred but not required
- 2 years heavy equipment mechanic experience
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with company match, profit sharing, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.