- Strong personal and professional integrity; effective decision-making skills
- Expert working knowledge of the environmental industry best practices and associated government regulatory procedures
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to lead and manage people
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills to build relationships with clients and direct reports
- Able to read and write, in English. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in using various types of computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Local and regional travel with periodic corporate events requiring travel by air
- 5 years relative operations experience (or combination of education and experience)
- 2+ years of equivalent managerial experience in the environmental industry
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Services, Engineering or Business
- 40-hr HAZWOPER certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- This position is required to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions
- Must be able to work outdoors in various climates for up to 12 hours
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Should have the ability to use basic hand tools
- Our Operations Managers are “in field” leaders. You will be working outdoors and must be able jump in and help team members lift and move a minimum of 40 pounds. As is the nature of the environmental business, you will frequently be required to wear PPE, including respirators and protective clothing
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.