- Bachelor’s degree or solid educational background in project/business management and/or operations
- Extensive related experience will be considered as a substitute for education.
- Two (2+) years of business and/or project management experience
- Willingness to relocate a plus
- Personal character that exemplifies honesty, trustworthiness and fairness
- Ability to communicate with team members, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear and professional manner
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Demonstrated ability to show judgement and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Demonstrated ability to document, prepare, and deliver data-driven presentations
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to cross-functional and virtual teams with direct and dotted-line reporting
- Work effectively in team and independent environments; strong desire to take initiative
- Must be drug free and able to pass a criminal background check
- Willingness to participate in an team member based safety program and contribute to a rich safety culture
- This position can be based out of Midvale, UT at the Savage Service Support Center or Cleveland, Ohio at a regional operation hub.
- This position requires working primarily in an office environment. Expect some travel to environments containing dust, chemicals and other such elements requiring Personal Protective Equipment. Must have the ability and willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position.
- Requires at least 40% travel, depending upon project needs. Travel is typically only during the week.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.