- Understanding of material handling facilities and equipment including the associated components and maintenance thereof (conveyors, dust collectors, mobile equipment, etc.).
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Above average Excel spreadsheet and MS Office skills
- Candidate must have a good understanding of customer service, sense of urgency, and 24-7 callout expectations
- Ability to read, write and understand English, have basic math and computer skills and be able to follow written and/or verbal instruction
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of college education preferred
- Engineering degree preferred but not required
- Previous Operations Management experience in materials handling preferred (5+ yrs. leading 10+ team members)
- Work in an environment containing coal dust, hazardous noise, confined space, and in hot or cold environments
- Work at heights , climbing stairs, and climbing ladders
- Walk on uneven ground and up to 3 miles per shift
- Must have ability to wear required PPR
- Must be able to pass a fit test and pulmonary function test for the purposes of wearing a respirator and recertify annually or as needed
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.