- Personal character that exemplifies honesty, trustworthiness and fairness
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Professional and technical skills to deliver the Savage System with passion
- Demonstrate effectiveness in leading teams, creating new business opportunities, and maintaining relationships with customers in order to provide successful results
- Skills in influencing others, especially those without direct authority to control
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- The ability to approach issues with a strategic perspective
- Coach, mentor, develop and evaluate others
- Assertiveness and diplomacy skills to address tough problems yet maintain strong working relationships
- Exceptional analytical skills that aid in solving problems in a positive and proactive manner
- A continuous improvement mindset on both individual and company levels
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion
- Effective time management
- Strong computer skills, capable of effectively utilizing Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other relevant software
- Exceptional understanding of accounting controls and practices; proficiency with financial analysis tools; a solid understanding of financial and accounting principles and statements (profit and loss, budgeting, balance sheet, statement of cash flow, etc.
- MBA or solid educational background in business management, operations, accounting or finance
- Three (3+) years of business experience, including operations or finance is a plus
- Will require approximately 20% to 30% travel to operating locations
- Willingness to relocate a must
- This position is required to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions
- Must be able to work outdoors in various climates for up to 12 hours
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Should have the ability to use basic hand tools
This position requires working primarily in an office environment and will include travel to and in environments containing dust, chemicals and other such elements requiring Personal Protective Equipment. Must have the ability and willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.