- Advanced knowledge and experience in Computers, including: word processing, spreadsheet, and Microsoft office programs
- 2 to 3 years of job related experience where the success of the position relied on accurately receiving, inputting, interpreting and utilizing data to make decisions in a fast paced environment; dispatching and/or logistics experience a plus
- Experience with or able to learn the required rail logistics programs, or other rail management programs
- Must demonstrate an ability to manage many incoming demands in a short period of time, and organize and prioritize them in a way that the output business flow is smooth and customer expectation’s met
- Self-starter who can budget time and resources and is able to work with minimal supervision
- Written communication skills. Can create emails that are professional, concise and informative
- Works well with others. Has a desire to cross train and communicate with team members in a similar capacity to accomplish a given task
- Verbal communication strength. Whether communicating with employees, managers, customers or other interested parties, communication is professional and represents the company well
- Demonstrates a sense of leadership and ownership for responsibilities, yet is teachable and willing to learn from manager and others
- Positive attitude; treats others with fairness and respect – expects the same in return
- Is honest in dealings with the company, employees and customers
- 2+ years experience in a logistics, dispatching, financial coordinator, payroll clerk or other similar field
- Post high-school education in a related field preferred
- Commitment to working safely at all times
- Must be physically able to do the following:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work with telephones, computer and other office equipment
- Consistently sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Walk long distances
- Lift up to 25lbs occasionally
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
This is a drug-free workplace.